So, before I get going on what I was going to babble about, I have Attack of the Show on, and they’re doing “Around the Net.” Evidently, KRQE, which is in New Mexico, did a segment on Pedobear. (Interestingly, the segment is not longer available on the KRQE site. *whistles*)
Not ironically or in an Onion-esque way.
They did a completely serious segment on the dangers of Pedobear–that pedophiles are using Pedobear to lure children–evidently not realizing that Pedobear is a meme.
*eyeroll heard ’round the world*
So, I guess their Fact Checkers are incapable of even using Wikipedia to look this stuff up. *SIGH*
I’ve got nothing. Really, and truly nothing.
So, what I was really planning to talk about it today (which, there’s a distinct lack of plan today) was more random artists and random links.
I have a new artist that I’m kinda in love with; his name is Paul Barnes. (He also has more images over on his Facebook.) <–I totally need to update the artist list on the side-bar to include Mr. Barnes and the millions of other artists that I’m currently <3-ing. /o\
- The Kitchn–Have I mentioned that I have non-pretentious kinda foodie tendencies? Basically, I enjoy cooking; the Husband enjoys cooking. And, we don’t suck at it.
- Apartment Therapy–The origin site (sic) for The Kitchn; it’s basically the decorating and design site.
- Sporeborne–Seriously, moss-produced graffiti. How fantastic is that?
- Hello Purl–I’ve been learning to spin yarn (Yes, I am learning to spin. Seriously, I can spin with a drop spindle. *represents*) I bought some roving (the stuff you spin) from Hello Purl at ArtStreet. I have been rather found of it.
- Dharma Trading Company–Not to be confused with The Dharma Initiative from Lost. If you’re a fiber person, they are the handy-dandy fiber people.
- The Neon Museum–Where all the neat old neon signs in Las Vegas go to sleep.
- Genevieve Gorder–I adore her as a designer, and she’s a rather entertaining blogger.
Soooooooooooooooooooo, there y’all go. Fun things on the interwebs that I enjoy, part 2.